The 67th Railway Week Celebrations of Thiruvananthapuram Division, Southern Railway was held today (17.05.22) at Railway Kalyana Mandapam, Thampanoor, Thiruvananthapuram. Every year, Railway Week Celebrations are held all over Indian Railways in commemoration of the first train run between Bori Bunder and Thane on 16th April, 1853.
Shri R Mukund, Divisional Railway Manager, Thiruvananthapuram Division delivered the presidential address and distributed Awards to staff for their meritorious performance during 2021-2022. 244 employees received individual awards and 35 group awards were also distributed for team performance. Shri P T Benny, Additional Divisional Railway Manager, Thiruvananthapuram Division offered felicitations. Branch Officers and staff of the Division attended the function.
Excerpts of Speech by Divisional Railway Manager.
· · 99% train services restored post-COVID, Punctuality is maintained above 99%, the freight loading and passenger earnings has substantially increased during 2021-22.
· The division has the highest number of secondary customers making online remittances in Indian Railways.
· ‘One Station One Product’ scheme to promote indigenous products and support local artisans through Railway Stations has been successful at Thiruvananthapuram Central Station. The scheme will be implemented in 65 stations of this division.
· The special arrangements and crowd management during Thrissur Pooram Celebrations fetched a revenue of 13.5 lakhs for the division. Coordination among all departments ensured no untoward incidents or passenger complaints.
· Mission Karmayogi program is implemented on high priority in Thiruvananthapuram Division for all front line staff in order to upgrade their skills and enhance work efficiency.